No Kill Louisville's Pet Food Bank
WE ARE OPEN EVERY SATURDAY OF THE MONTH
Hours of Operation: Saturday's from 12pm - 3pm
In case of inclement weather, stay tuned to news stations and Facebook for possible closure
Phone: (502) 536-8PET (8738)
FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/NKLpetfoodbank
In need of help?
NKL's Pet Food Bank strives to provide a ONE month supplement of pet food on a first-come basis to families and their pets, as all food is donated.
If you wish to participate, you must complete an application. You can pick up one at our food bank during operation hours. Photo ID is required when you sign up.
The No Kill Louisville Pet Food Bank's guidelines are listed below. You are asked to read and agree to these in order to receive assistance. These guidelines are set up so that we may help as many people as possible.
- One applicant per household
- Proof of spay/neuter is required for all pets. You will have 30 days to provide proof of spay/neuter for each pet. If not altered you have 60 days to have your pet spayed/neutered. If your pet is too old or has a medical condition that prevents the pet from being spayed/neutered, you will be required to bring a note from a vet. If unable to spay/neuter pet due to income, NKL will provide a voucher for services as long as we have funds available (first come, first serve basis) or provide you with information on other resources.
- Food is distributed when donations are available. At this time each applicant can pick up food once a month.
- We offer temporary assistance for feeding pets. We are not to be used as a permanent source of pet food.
- We ask for personal information when you apply but DO NOT share it with anyone and all information is kept strictly confidential.
- No one in the household is to resell food or items provided by the Food Bank. If we find out the food or item(s) were resold, your household and all members involved will be banned from assistance indefinitely.
- We are providing a service to the community and ask that recipients only return to the food bank as they need assistance so that we can help as many needy pet owners as possible.
- If false information is provided on an application (number of animals, etc.), your household and all members involved will be banned from assistance indefinitely.
- We consider special requests for certain formulas or flavors of dog and cat food (i.e., Senior, Indoor, etc), but are only able to give what we have at the time the request is made.
- All potential recipients must come to our distribution site in order to receive pet food.
- We accept donations of all kinds of pet food. By accepting food and/or services from the Food Bank, the recipient, all household members, their friends and family agree not to hold the Food Bank, its staff, volunteers, and benefactors legally liable in the unfortunate event the recipient's pet(s) becomes ill or the food upsets the pet's stomach.
- When you receive pet food from the Food Bank, you are aware of the potential risks involved with feeding your pet(s) a new food, since it's unlikely the pet food received is your pet's usual brand(s).
- We reserve the right to make exceptions based on individual need.
- We reserve the right to refuse anyone under any circumstance.
~ We require proof of income. Income for all individuals living in the household must be provided. All decisions will be based on the income level at 200% of the 2014 federal poverty level (see chart below)
You must submit proof of income, such as:
- A copy of the latest income tax return
- A copy of the latest check stub
- A letter signed by a social worker or employee of an agency helping you get other types of assistance that confirms your income level
- Other papers that provide proof of monthly income (or lack thereof), such as Social Security Award Letter, Unemployment check stub, and/or Disability check stub.
- Food stamps or Medicaid eligibility letter
If your normal income is above 200% of the federal poverty level, we can still consider your case if you can you prove temporary, financial hardship with appropriate documentation, such as recent job loss, major illness in the family, unexpected major bills. If you are in this situation and can prove it, we will consider these situations on a case-by-case basis.
Our thanks to the following groups for donating pet food regularly:
Dare to Care Food Bank
KY Humane Society
Select Walmart locations
Select Sams Club locations
Select Kroger locations
If you would like more information on participation requirements, how to donate, or how to volunteer, please contact NKL Pet Food Bank at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you live in Bullitt, Oldham, Henry, or Trimble County? Good news! There are other food banks that can assist you closer to home. Step right this way for details.
Feeding feral or community cat colonies?
We have partnered with Alley Cat Advocates in hopes of having more communities reach out for spay/neuter assistance for feral cat colonies.
If you have feral or community cats fixed by Alley Cat Advocates, ask them for a No Kill Louisville Food Bank Voucher and we will help supply food for those cats. Restrictions do apply.
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
Donate on-line or mail a donation to: "Pet Food Bank, PO Box 6655, Louisville, KY, 40206"
Food and Other Donations
Pet food distributed by No Kill Louisville is donated by producers, stores, and individuals.
If you'd like to donate food to help your neighbors and their pets in need, stop by our warehouse located at 630 Bruce Ave between 12pm and 3pm on most Saturdays or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pick-up or a delivery time.
Donations can also be dropped off at the following during business hours:
241 Steedly Drive
Louisville, KY 40214
1212 Bardstown Road
General Monetary Donations
These funds will be used to replenish the pet food bank and/or for other needs at the food bank such as office supplies to keep the pet food bank running so we're able to help more people.
Your Contributions Make the Difference Between Home or Shelter, Pet Food or Electricity ---> Read more about the Food Bank's effect on our community's pet owners, and then give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done. Your support makes it possible!